[vc_message color=”alert-block” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
New Policies Enacted: By continuing to use this website you agree to abide by these policies!
Your continued use of JCTorpey.com and its services denotes your agreement to abide by this and all other Policies governing this website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Read the Terms of Service here.
What information do we collect?
At any time, we may offer a newsletter, require registration, offer subscriptions to blog posts, site updates, and comments, or you may decide to order services from JC Torpey and/or from any of the websites, which are activities that require you supply this website with some of your personal information, such as:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Financial information (for placing orders)
You may, however, visit our site anonymously, though you may not be able to use all the site’s features if you choose to remain anonymous.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your needs)
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering a purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you give for order processing, blog post subscriptions, newsletter subscriptions, and comment subscriptions will be used to send you information you requested to receive, although we may sometimes send promotional materials such as discount coupons as well, but we will never sell or rent your email or other information to anyone at any time, unless required by law and a court order is provided. You may unsubscribe from our lists at any time.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We do not process financial transactions on any of our websites. All financial transactions take place using PayPal, or PayPal via Freshbooks, which uses a secure server via Secure Socket Layer technology, and then all information is encrypted into the PayPal Payment gateway. This payment information is only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential via signed NDA and other legal contracts.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or via email.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information or information you provide to use through the use of our website forms. This does not include trusted third parties such as PayPal who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be collected by other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses (Google Ads for example).
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include, write about, or otherwise offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance and Age Restrictions
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
JC Torpey´s Portfolio, Virtual Copy Article Writing Services, and the VCopy Blog are directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older because we cannot enter into a binding contract with minors. As such, JC Torpey and Virtual Copy will not take orders from anyone under the age of 18 and if age is in question, a representative of Virtual Copy may ask for proof of age, and if such proof cannot be furnished, we may refuse to fill your orders.
The VCopy Blog, on the other hand, is open for all to read, although its content is appropriate for and directed to those 13 and older.
PayPal Payments & Privacy
This section may not apply to the blog, but you should read it anyway because it governs payment policies for Virtual Copy.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website here.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19135
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_tab] [vc_tab title=”Terms of Service/Use”] [vc_column_text pb_margin_bottom=”yes” pb_border_bottom=”yes” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
This TOS agreement also governs the Virtual Copy website, and it has been modified to be relevant to this website, JC Torpey´s Portfolio.
Welcome to JC Torpey´s Portfolio! JC Torpey´s Portfolio and its small group of representatives (referred to as “us,” “our,” “we”) provide services to you subject to the following terms and conditions. If you visit this website and or place an order with JC Torpey or with Virtual Copy, you agree that you accept and will abide by these and other policies that govern this and the other JC Torpey websites including, but not limited to:
- Commenting Policy
Other policies may be added or current policies changed at any time. All changes will be announced, and a banner will be placed at the top of every site page for 30 days following that change.
Please read these TOS carefully!
When you visit JCTorpey.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
This copyright notices governs the content that appears on JCTorpey.com, and is separate from the copyright policy that governs the Freelance Writing Services provided to clients and customers by JC Torpey and/or Virtual Copy. Read the Freelance Writing Services copyright and original content policy here.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of JCTorpey EXCEPT the content contained within portfolio posts, and any content that does not belong to JC Torpey is used with permission from the copyright owner, and a separate copyright notice is posted on each page. All content on this website is protected by International Copyright Laws.
All complaints and questions in regard to potential copyright violations may be directed to JC Torpey at info (at) jctorpey (dot) com.
The JC Torpey name, the Virtual Copy name and any and all marks used by JC Torpey and Virtual Copy may not be reproduced except with express written permission by JC Torpey and or Virtual Copy. Said trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not JC Torpey or Virtual Copy in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits JC Torpey, Virtual Copy and or its representatives or services.
All other trademarks used by but not owned by JC Torpey, Virtual Copy and its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by JC Torpey, Virtual Copy, its representatives or subsidiaries.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
- JC Torpey grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of JCTorpey.com and its representatives.
This limited license does not include:
- Any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents
- Any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices
- Any derivative use of this site or its contents
- Any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant
- Any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
2. This site or any portion of this site may not be otherwise reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of JCTorpey.com.
- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of JCTorpey.com and our associates without express written consent.
- You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing JCTorpey.com name or trademarks without the express written consent of JCTorpey.com.
- You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of JCTorpey.com so long as the link does not portray JCTorpey.com, its associates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any JCTorpey.com logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission, except where fair use is a concern
ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF JCTorpey.com TERMINATES THE PERMISSIONS OR LICENSES GRANTED BY JCTorpey.com
From time to time, JCTorpey.com may accept user registrations so that some people may access extra pages or services within the website. If this is the case, when you use JCTorpey.com, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password if registered on the site. You are also responsible for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with involvement of a parent or guardian with the understanding that you may not order any Freelance Writing Services from JCTorpey.com and Virtual Copy as certain laws prohibit either JCTorpey.com or Virtual Copy from entering a binding contract or agreement with a minor. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by JCTorpey.com and its associates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, EMAILS, AND OTHER CONTENT
From time to time, JCTorpey.com may authorize certain persons the ability to submit user generated content to the Blog or Forum. JCTorpey.com will also allow visitors to post testimonials, reviews, comments, and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information with the following limitations:
- The user contributed content may not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and you agree that it does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.”
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. JCTorpey.com reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
When submitting User Generated Content you agree that:
- Unless we indicate otherwise, you grant JCTorpey.com and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- You grant JCTorpey.com and its associates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose
When you submit user generated content you also:
- Represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you submit and that the content is accurate
- That use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity
- That you will indemnify JCTorpey.com or its associates for all claims resulting from content you supply.
JCTorpey.com has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. JCTorpey.com takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICES OFFERED
JCTorpey.com and Virtual Copy and their associates provide a portfolio of previous generated works, and Freelance Writing Services that include all forms of nonfiction writing with the exception of Adult Content, Legal Writing, and Business Plans. We attempt to be as accurate as possible with the FAQs and description of our writing services, and attempt to keep the Portfolio as up to date as possible. However, JCTorpey.com does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, and does not warrant that the Portfolio is a complete representation of all services provided previously to clients.
ESTIMATES & QUOTES
When a customer or client orders freelance writing services, JC Torpey and Virtual Copy give a good faith cost and labor estimate or a quote for the requested services. The estimate or quoted price given is based solely upon the information the client or customer provides to JCTorpey.com. If the client or customer wished to change his or her order after services and work has already begin, a revision of the estimate will be made and another deposit or milestone payment may be required.
All Estimates and Quotes are governed by the Estimates & Quotes Good Faith Policy, which can be found in its corresponding page in the Policies section of the VC website. When clients place an order with JCTorpey.com they are assumed to be in agreement with these policies.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
When customers and clients use the VC website and order writing services, they are assumed to be agreeing to those policies. If any client, customer or other visitor to the website does not agree with these policies, they are prohibited from ordering Freelance Writing Services from JCTorpey.com.
All Deposits, Milestone Payments, and Payments made on balances Due at time of service contract completion are governed by the Deposit & Payments policy, Refund Policy, and the Late Charges Policy and Schedule. Said policies can be found on the corresponding pages within the Policies Section of the Virtual Copy website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY JCTORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. JC TORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, JCTORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. JCTORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM JCTORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. JCTORPEY AND VIRTUAL COPY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting JC Torpey´s Portfolio, you agree that the local laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and JC Torpey, Virtual Copy, and or any of its associates.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to JC Torpey.com, Virtual Copy, or to products you purchase through either website shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania United States, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate JC Torpey or Virtual Copy intellectual property rights, JC Torpey and or Virtual Copy or both may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies as these policies also govern your visit to all websites operated by JC Torpey and or Virtual Copy. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
[/vc_column_text] [vc_single_image image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [vc_single_image image=”124″ image_size=”full” frame=”borderframe” full_width=”yes” lightbox=”no” link_target=”_self” caption=”Your Keys to JC Torpey´s Castle” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [/vc_tab] [vc_tab title=”Comment Policy”] [vc_column_text pb_margin_bottom=”yes” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
By using JC Torpey´s Portfolio, you agree to abide by the following Commenting Policy:
- All comments are moderated.
- Abusive language and discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Anonymous comments are not accepted.
- Readers may submit comments, but keep in mind that you are responsible for your own content, and JC Torpey and the VCopy Blog are not liable for opinions expressed in comments.
- Comment spam will not be tolerated.
Due to the frequency with which commenters have ignored this commenting policy, the following has been added:
- Only CommentLuv links are allowed – all other links will be removed.
- This is an English speaking website and all comments must be in English (Unless the post/page is written in Spanish, then Spanish comments are allowed).
- No soliciting – commercialized comments (and comments telling me how I can get massive traffic) allowed.
Commenters who continue to ignore this policy will be permanently blacklisted and reported to various spam watchlists and/or their ISPs.
This blog uses Comment Luv Premium, which offers extra features. Be kind to JC Torpey and the readers, don’t spam, and don’t be abusive and we’ll be kind to you by allowing you to use those extra features.
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_tab] [/vc_tabs]